Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Jan/Feb Photo Update

By no means a comprehensive photo update, because I don't want to bore you. Here's some gems though...

Oooh look, Christmas tree in the background! See, it did happen. Here, J-cub has taken a bunch of annoyingly-breakable plastic mini-things, and sorted them on top of a load of numbered blocks. Because he is a genius (and not at all obsessed with sorting, stacking, lining things up etc). This is his 'Yeah!' stance.


Ooop North, visiting the Pili Palas - due to the cold there was a distinct lack of pili but this Royal Python called Samantha captured J-cub's heart instead. He was far braver than the rest of us.


There were also a lot of lovely birds, which flapped and flew around all over the place, just out of reach and often just out of sight, leading to J-cub's complete bemusement and bafflement. He could hear them, he could *almost* see them, but they were just too fast to catch.

The in-laws beautiful living room proved the perfect velodrome for JC's trike (which we sensibly crammed into the car at the last minute).


Back home, being utterly gorgeous.


Oooh, see, this is why I shouldn't stop writing for so long. J-cub's affections are no longer solely reserved for Jemaine. In fact, Jemaine is very much playing second fiddle now to bunny, who has slept in J-cub's cot since birth but he's barely paid attention to. Now though, bunny (seen here being signed for) is synonymous with nanny (dummy), and we barely get through 10 minutes without one or the other being begged for. (Also note the Gruffalo t-shirt, and Gruffalo DVD on in the background. The Gruffalo is very popular right now).


New year, new carrier. This is our beautiful SSC, bought second hand to try out and instantly fallen in love with. It's a Babyhawk Oh Snap! and it is so comfortable, and so easy to use. Everywhere we go now, as soon as I open the door J-cub begs 'Mummy back? Deee [please] Mummy back!'.


Bear hat, Gruffalo coat. J-cub is now officially the coolest kid at school. When I went to pick him up from nursery the other day, his little posse all gathered around his coat and raaaaar'd it at each other. Yesterday, I tried to put on his blue hat with a bug on the front. 'No Mummy, no bat [hat].' (J-cub ran off, and returned a second later with his bear hat) 'Bat!'.


And just cos he's awesome...


J-cub's bucket o' bapples and those who like to eat from it - giraffe, zebra, reindeer and Mummy-with-a-bag.


2 comments:

Glovecat said...

Wow, he's so lush. :D
You're sounding very chipper indeed, looks like things are going well! How much does he weigh? I'm finding Megan is doing my back in, and she's less than 6 months! But she *is* pretty darned heavy for her age... More than a stone, anyway...

Beth said...

I haven't had him weighed since he was about 15 months old, he was 28lb then, so with another 9 months on top of that I'm guessing he's around 3 stone ... I'll have to try him on the Wii fit later and see if I can work out his weight there.

I do find that the more I carry him the less I feel it - I'm ill this week and haven't been doing much childcare, and I could barely carry him down the stairs just now!

I wish I'd had a ringsling when he was around Meg's age, for quick carries, it would have made nipping into shops etc much easier. He's so keen to go on my back all the time now that we can just do piggy-backs if I don't have a sling with me, which is great. He hangs on like a monkey ;)

x

Followers