Friday, February 3, 2012

The things he says...

Jamie has just returned to work after 3 months of (serious, but now manageable) illness.  Jacob hasn't quite got used to him not being home:

"Daddy ...... oh no, you not Daddy.  Mummy..."
"Mummy, we love Daddy SO much, eh?"
"Mummy, where's Daddy gone?"  [hours after he's left the house]


~  ~  ~  ~  ~

Talking to his cats:

"Maeby, Maeby, where are you?  Maybe you're under the table Maeby.  Maybe Maeby's under the table Mummy!"  [collapses into fits of giggles at the word play]
"Tilly, what you meowing about?"
"Tilly GET DOWN!  [counts to ten on his fingers, very seriously]  Tilly, get DOWN!  I asked lots of times now"
"Mummy, where's those cats gone now?  Maybe they having an adventure in the garden!"

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

In the car, he sits in the front seat next to me, because I work late and we more often than not come home in the dark. I like to be able to see if he's asleep or not, and it's far easier to have a conversation when he's right there.  In the back, I can barely hear him, and it's too distracting trying to look at him in the rear-view mirror (rather too much context-setting there, but I just want you to imagine it right):

"Mummy, the sun's biting my eyes!"
"Look, two big sheep!" [I gently point out that they're ponies] "Oh.  Jacob thought they were sheep, but they were big ponies.  Little horses.  Not sheep Jacob, silly Jacob."
"Mummy, I can't see the wheels!  Where the wheels gone?  We got no wheels!"

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

Jumping on my bed, while I get dressed.  He keeps trying to open the curtains, I ask him not to because I'm about to take my pajamas off:

"I ... want ... to ... see ... some ... booooobies!"  [repeated over and over in sing-song fashion with each and every bounce]

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

And for the boy whose stomach is never full, he said the following extremely seriously, approximately 10 minutes after he'd finished his breakfast this morning:


"Mummy, let's have a chat about lunch."


;)

No comments:

Followers