Thursday, April 15, 2010

Working from home

It's coming to the end of my Easter holidays now, and while the 2 weeks off have been blissful, I've spent most of this week a) coming down with J-cub's lurgy, b) revelling in J-cub getting better but dreading him going back to all the germs at nursery and c) thinking about how much I miss my maternity leave and being a stay-at-home-mum and how much I don't want to go back to work on Monday.

I'm consoling myself with the thought that it won't be overly long until the Summer holidays, and hopefully I can wangle myself out of working during the holidays as much as possible.

Which I'm apparently quite adept at doing - yesterday was the only day during the holidays I'd agreed to work, and talking to my boss on Tuesday evening I persuaded him to drop my charges off here rather than trekking out to work at their house.

They are totally enamoured with J-cub and all his toys (despite being just 10, they spent the whole day making sweeping statements such as "We didn't have cool toys like these when we were babies, we just had a jack-in-the-box"), and weren't too old to enjoy lying in his ballpit and stacking cups for him to knock over. The two boys shared their lunch with J-cub and proclaimed BLW to be much better than 'shoving spoons in his mouth', and while he napped we played Star Wars Monopoly with the Clone Wars DVD playing in the background.

Later in the afternoon we went for a walk through the woods, stood on the railway bridge and waved while a coal train beeped and whooshed below us, leaving the boys with hair standing on end and bright red cheeks, ate ice-creams and had a rather awkward conversation about breastfeeding.

I really shouldn't complain about my job, it's not really like much work goes on ;)


Heartful said...

Sounds like a fab day! :-)

Hope you get over the lurgy soon and that J-cub goes back to nursery with a boosted immune system. x

Jen said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a lovely comment, I really appreciate it.

It sounds like it was a lovely day, having the nice weather at the moment makes it a lot easier too:) I hope work goes well on Monday:) Jen.