Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Let sleeping babies lie

It's snowing again, and insomnia is rife. I've got so many blog posts to catch up on, so I thought I'd do one now without thinking, to give me the impetus to do more tomorrow.

Yesterday (or the day before, as it's after midnight now), J had an epic sick whilst playing on her playmate. Playmat! DYAC. Excellent parents that we are, we didn't notice until it had nicely pooled round the back of her head and in her hair.

I gave her a lovely hair wash in a little bowl, which left her with a delicious cloud of silky hair (Silky the fairy from Enid Blyton's Faraway Tree stories? That's my girl). I lay her down for some tummy time, and she immediately started snogging the towel she was lying on. Being too lazy to get up, I fed her there on the floor, and she fell asleep in perhaps the most gorgeous pose ever. Naked and beautiful and soft and warm. I covered her with a blanket and snuck away for 5 minutes of peace.

She doesn't sleep much, and I can't get enough of her when she does ;)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Beth that is just TOO cute! I want to just eat her all up. xx

Helen said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

Helen said...

Hey, mrs, where have you gone?
(it's the blog-police here again...)

Followers