Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day 2 - Better already

As usually happens whenever a school holiday approaches, I started to feel a little under-the-weather on Monday (last day of term) morning. It was Toy Day at school, which means 6.5 hours of screaming and arguing. One child in our class inexplicably brought in some ducklings rather than a toy. They were very lovely and seemed very relieved to go home at the end of the day.

By 3pm I could feel my glands swelling, my throat was dry and scratchy, and my head was muzzy. Thankfully I wasn't working after school, and J-cub fell asleep in the car on the way home. I transferred him (still asleep) into his cot, came down and took some paracetemol, and fell asleep on the lounge floor.

After a looonnnng evening with J-cub (we didn't wake til 6pm so bedtime wasn't on the menu for several more hours), I dosed myself up again and went to sleep for one of those thrashing around, hot then cold, weird dreamy type nights which mean I'm going to wake up feeling like I haven't slept at all. Which is precisely what happened.

I woke with a fever, barely able to swallow, and a pounding headache. This lasted around 12 hours, until evening came and I started to feel normal again.

This morning, I woke up feeling a bit hayfevery, a bit back-achey, and a bit sleepy, which is pretty much par-for-the-course. So my blog-worthy achievement of the day is kicking my bastard Summer Holiday flu on the head in less than 36 hours. Take that, holiday-ruining-illness!

Now I promise* not to moan about illness for the next 7 weeks.

*I retain the right to withdraw this promise.

No comments:

Followers