Monday, July 19, 2010

Summer Holiday Project

So, evidently, I've failed at the whole NaBloPoMo Saved thing. I'm claiming extenuating circumstances, and I'm chucking in the towel. I need to get back to blogging regularly, and I need something to give me a bit of purpose, like my Hundred Days list did.

I am therefore going to do something blog-worthy every day during the school Summer Holidays. We broke up today (woo hoo!), and I'm not sure exactly when we go back, but it's in about 7 weeks time, so I should have 50 or so posts under my belt by then. I'm defining something blog-worthy as being anything from 'Ooooh look, I took a lovely photo today' to 'I redecorated the hallway! Honestly, I did!' (a prize to anyone who guesses which of those is more likely to happen*). I've got two weddings, a week's holiday, a 31st and a 40th birthday before school restarts, and I'll try my best to keep going through all of that. The first day of my holiday is going to involve going to a funeral, so I also reserve the right not to blog tomorrow if it's all too much.

I'm also going to be working on and off for the first couple of weeks, but it's work of the 'Let's go to the beach' variety, rather than 'Let's ruin the holidays with a lot of work' work. In case I haven't mentioned it often enough before, I love my job.

*If anyone actually tries to claim that one, I reserve the right to provide a virtual prize. It'll be a good-un though.

No comments:

Followers