Friday, July 2, 2010

Saved

I neglected to check the theme from NaBloPoMo for this month, so I'm a day late in starting. I enjoyed my Look Up theme so much, and I really loved posting every day but I need a project like this to make me do it.

After racking my brains for a while about what I have saved that I could write about, I've decided that I'll document some of the things in Jacob's baby box, as I'm a nightmare for sentimentality and keeping far too many things, but I think in his case I am fully justified. I just pity any future children who'll be lucky if I can even remember where their birth certificate is.

So here it is, Jacob's baby box, full of the things I've saved for him over the last 16 months. I also have a large spiral bound plain book in the same design, which is completely empty. It was supposed to be a baby book, but I got given a proper baby book and used that instead. Maybe this month will prompt me to rectify that and actually get some photos and memories stuck in and written down.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I love the baby boxes too and have one for each of my children. I don't often sit down and go through them (the kids themselves tend to take up all of my time!!) but when I do I really enjoy looking back:) Lovely photo:) Jen

R.A.W said...

Oh my god is that the pregnany test from when you were positive for Jacob??? How clever of you! I did about 3 and chucked them all.

Beth said...

Yes it is! I did 5 on the first day, one was a Clearblue which said 'pregnant', and I didn't know it would fade after 24 hours or I would have taken a photo. The others faded and I chucked them out but this one stayed just as strong :D

Followers