Thursday, February 18, 2010

36. Fix lounge door handle

You know when you get a new car, and you haven't quite adapted to its width or length, and you can't judge which gaps it'll fit through? Well I had the same problem when my pregnant body suddenly ballooned, and I found myself hitting my stomach on worktops, and catching my hips on doorframes.

Unfortunately, I managed to do just that on the lounge door frame, breaking the strike-plate in the process. This means that whenever there's the slightest draught through the house, instead of nestling snugly into its frame, the lounge door bumps against the frame with a regularity which will slowly drive you crazy.

This was actually one of the first list items I tried to do, but it turns out that one of the screws on the strike-plate is completely broken, and I can't get it out. I've investigated lots of gadgets which are supposed to solve the problem, but I'm not sure which one will actually work, and I'm loathe to spend money on things which might not work in our current penniless state.

So this item is going on the back-burner for now, as a wedge of cardboard stuck in the frame prevents the annoying bumping, and I'll get to it when I'm back at work and have more disposable income.

No comments:

Followers