Thursday, February 18, 2010

Plagiarism week

Plagiarism week is now over, according to hundreddays.net. Well I didn't find out about plagiarism week until this afternoon (due to hiding my head in the sand about doing blog-updates and list-items) so I say, no it's not. Leeway please, fellow hundred-dayers?

I'm lucky enough to have been plagiarised by Lizzie Poulton, who did her own list for a week. That alone makes me more than eligible for plagiarism week.

I've selected 7 list items which I am highly unlikely to complete for various reasons, and which would therefore be substituted anyway. Taking inspiration from Edward Ross's 100 tiny moments, I will be presenting these items in comic strip fashion. I've loved following Eddie's blog, in which he has illustrated moments from his past, present and future.

My 7 items will be shifted onto my next list, and therefore they are moments from my future. And I get to strike another 7 items off my list, which has filled me with more glee today than you can possibly imagine.

I'll include a brief explanation of why I can't currently complete each item, just to hammer home the point that I am Not Cheating.

My plagiarising takes on an extra dimension, seeing as I can't draw for toffee, so my darling husband is frantically wielding felt-pens under my instruction. He'll make a far better job of it than I would, as he is amazing at drawing, and I'm only feeling a slight bit of guilt about sitting him down to draw 7 comic strips after a full day at work.

Oh and finally, I'm not going to be able to post them tonight as the scanner is upstairs (near the nursery) and noisy (so might wake the baby up). I'll do it soon, I promise.

I might even get caught up at this rate!

3 comments:

Lizzie said...

I like your thinking! Plagiarism week isn't over for me either :-) Also I made your sweet potato muffins again today (as I have done almost every week since I found the recipe!) They are fabulous and I am a better person for knowing about them so my 100 days has been a success!

Beth said...

Oh that's lovely to hear! I haven't managed to make them again (yet), I've been experimenting with soups and sauces, and pancakes.

I think I'm going to miss the camaraderie amongst the hundred-dayers when all this is finished, it's nice knowing what other people are up to and being able to pinch bits here and there as necessary ;)

I think we should all carry on for another hundred days.

Heartful said...

Oooh! Can't wait to see the comic strips, it's something I want to try too.

And I've only just found out about plagiarism week so I think I might start mine a bit late too!

Followers