Monday, May 24, 2010

Hot Hot Heat

So hot. So very very hot. Dawn broke at 4.30am this morning. And J-cub woke up. And wouldn't go back to sleep. I'm so so tired, and it's been so hot all day. When I picked him up from nursery, he was covered in heat rash and burning hot. He cried most of the way home, despite the air conditioning in the car, and screamed as soon as we got in the house. I ended up stripping him off and giving him his evening bottle straight away, lying on the lounge floor, even though he normally has it right before bed. He seems a bit better now, and is still wandering around in just his nappy with no wrap, to keep him extra cool.

I'm shattered, and can't really do much Internetting as I'm avoiding Lost spoilers. The finale was on at 5am this morning (the irony of me being awake but not able to watch it as I was tending to a grumpy baby was not lost on me) so we've Sky +'d it for later. I can't wait.

I snapped a quick photo of J-cub looking up at me while he drank his bottle, as my tired, hot brain couldn't come up with anything more inventive.

That's all for now - hope all my lovely readers are finding ways to keep cool.

No comments:

Followers