Wednesday, December 9, 2009

50. Clean drain in garden

Busy day today - worked on lots of list items which are too big to be done in one day (numbers 7, 11, 39, 52, 60, 68, and 75 if you're interested). Although none were finished, I had a great sense of accomplishment that I am actually sorting things out, rather than burying my head in the sand.

It's been over a week now that I've been doing this, and if I was going to fail, I'm sure it would have been during the first week, before I got into the discipline of doing things daily. I don't suppose for a second that it will be plain sailing from here on, but I am already starting to think about doing 200 days, or 300 days, or a whole year.

We'll see whether I still feel the same way when I'm up a ladder painting the hallway or scrubbing the black algae-type stuff which is growing on the decking.

I wanted to get an outdoor job done today, as the weather has been so horrendous that I've barely had the chance to step outside, let alone have the inclination to do anything out there.

So I cleaned all the moss, dirt, leaf mould, stones and general debris which had accumulated in the drain, repositioned the guttering and crossed my fingers that water will now flow away rather than just sitting there.

It was dark by the time I'd finished so no photo again. Go and look at the staircase in my previous post, that's far more interesting than a photo of a drain.

Day 9 - Mission complete.

1 comment:

Glovecat said...

Good job, Beth, you're getting those tasks done! Glad you're feeling inspired! :) I'm really enjoying checking your posts, you're inspiring me all the while. x

Followers