Friday, January 22, 2010

22. Make J-cub cord trousers

I tried to get this post published before midnight last night so it would be on the right day, but I was dead on midnight and of course that counts as today. Anyway, I started off making a fairly simple pair of cord trousers out of an old cord skirt of mine, at around 9pm last night. Me being me, they got more and more complicated, and my frustration culminated in me sewing a seam wrong-sides together, so the seam was inside-out. My back was killing me, I was annoyed and upset, and tired, and so gave it up to finish today.

And finish I have! Unfortunately my model is fast asleep, so you'll have to wait until tomorrow. But they are LOVELY (even if I do say so myself). I'm very proud, and just hoping to goodness that they fit.

Updated with photos - Before:
After:
Pocket detail:
They fit!
Day 52: Mission complete.

No comments:

Followers